- Lung cancer is a disease of uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. This growth may lead to metastasis, which is the invasion of adjacent tissue and infiltration beyond the lungs. The vast majority of primary lung cancers are carcinomas of the lung, derived from epithelial cells.
- The leading cause of cancer deaths in both men and women. There are several types of lung cancer, the most common being squamous cell carcinoma, small (oat) cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and large cell carcinoma. Each has a different growth pattern and response to treatment.
- carcinoma of the lungs; one of the commonest forms of cancer
- a long strip of inked material for making characters on paper with a typewriter
- A strip of fabric of a special color or design awarded as a prize or worn to indicate the holding of an honor, esp. a small multicolored piece of ribbon worn in place of the medal it represents
- A long, narrow strip of fabric, used esp. for tying something or for decoration
- A long, narrow strip of something
- decoration: an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
- any long object resembling a thin line; “a mere ribbon of land”; “the lighted ribbon of traffic”; “from the air the road was a grey thread”; “a thread of smoke climbed upward”
- add color to; “The child colored the drawings”; “Fall colored the trees”; “colorize black and white film”
- One, or any mixture, of the constituents into which light can be separated in a spectrum or rainbow, sometimes including (loosely) black and white
- a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; “a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light”
- The property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eye as a result of the way the object reflects or emits light
- The use of all colors, not only black, white, and gray, in photography or television
- having or capable of producing colors; “color film”; “he rented a color television”; “marvelous color illustrations”
lung cancer ribbon color – Non Smoker
Awareness Ribbons colors and meanings.. 3/5
Meaning: Most commonly associated with breast cancer awareness, this ribbon is also a symbol for birth parents, and childhood cancer awareness (alternative color: light blue)
Yellow Ribbon :
Meaning: We’ve all seen this symbol used to support our troops, but it is also a symbol for MIA/POW, suicide prevention, adoptive parents, amber alerts, bladder cancer, spina bifida, endometriosis, and a general symbol for hope. A yellow ribbon with a heart is used to represent the survivors left behind after a suicide.
Pale Yellow Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of spina bifida
Red Ribbon :
Meaning: Most commonly associated with the fight against AIDS and HIV, this ribbon also is a symbol for heart disease, stroke, substance abuse, MADD, DARE, Epidermolysis Bullosa, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Burgundy Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of brain aneurysm, Cesarean section (worn upside down), headaches, hemangioma, vascular malformation, hospice care, multiple myeloma, William’s syndrome, Thrombophilia, Antiphospholid Antibody Syndrome, and adults with disabilities
Purple Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of pancreatic cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer, domestic violence, ADD, alzheimer’s, religious tolerance, animal abuse, the victims of 9/11 including the police and firefighters, Crohn’s disease and colitis, cystic fibrosis, lupus, leimyosarcoma, and fibromyalgia
Lavender Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for general cancer awareness. It can also be a symbol for epilepsy, and rett syndrome
Periwinkle Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of eating disorders and pulmonary hypertension
Blue Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of drunk driving, child abuse, Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI), the victims of hurricane Katrina, dystonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), alopecia, Education, Epstein-Barr Virus, Save the Music, colon cancer (alternative ribbon color: brown), colorectal cancer (alternative ribbon color: brown), and anti-tobacco – particularly anti-second hand smoke (in Canada; alternative ribbon color: brown), I Love Clean Air/ILCA Campaign (Japan)
Dark Blue Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of arthritis, child abuse prevention, victim’s rights, free speech, water quality, and water safety
Light Blue Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of childhood cancer (alternative color: pink), prostate cancer, Trisomy 18, and scleroderma
Teal Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for ovarian, cervical, and uterine cancers as well as sexual assault, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and tsunami victims
Green Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of childhood depression, missing children, open records for adoptees, environmental concerns, kidney cancer, tissue/organ donation, homeopathy, and worker and driving safety
Orange Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of leukemia, hunger, cultural diversity, humane treatment of animals, and self-injury awareness
White Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of innocence, victims of terrorism, violence against women, peace, right to life, bone cancer, adoptees, and retinal blastoma
Pearl Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for emphysema, lung cancer, mesothelioma, and multiple sclerosis
Black Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of mourning, melanoma, and gang prevention
Brown Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is an anti-tobacco symbol as well as a symbol of colon cancer (alternative ribbon color: blue), colorectal cancer (alternative ribbon color: blue)
Grey Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of diabetes, asthma, and brain cancer
Silver Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for children with disabilities, Parkinson’s disease, and mental illnesses such as severe depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and anxiety disorders.
Gold Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for childhood cancer
Jigsaw Puzzle Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for autism
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for osteoporosis
Pink and Blue Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death due to SIDS or other causes
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for both the victims and heros of the 9/11 attacks. It is also a symbol of patriotism and support of our troops. In addition, it is a symbol of fireworks safety.
The shot itself kinda sucks, but I wasn’t in the mood to deal with 4 people who didn’t want their photo taken in the first place. I cheated, converted to B/W and left it.
lung cancer ribbon color
In the world of interior design, thousands of bits of crucial information are scattered across a wide array of sources. Color, Space, and Style collects the information essential to planning and executing interiors projects of all shapes and sizes, and distills it in a format that is as easy to use as it is to carry.
Section 1, oFundamentals,o provides a step-by-step overview of an interiors project, describing the scope of professional services, the project schedule, and the design and presentation tools used by designers.
Section 2, oSpaceo examines ways of composing rooms as spatial environments while speaking to functional and life-safety concerns.
Section 3, oSurfaceo, identifies options in color, material, texture, and pattern, while addressing maintenance and performance issues.
Section 4, oEnvironments,o looks at aspects of interior design that help create a specific mood or character, such as natural and artificial lighting, sound and smell.
Section 5, oElements,o describes the selection and specification of furniture and fixtures, as well as other components essential to an interior environment, such as artwork and accessories.
Lastly, section 6, oResources,o gathers a wealth of useful data, from sustainability guidelines to online sources for interiors-related research.
Throughout Color, Space, and Style appear interviews with top practitioners drawn from across the field of interior design.